Referral and Intake
The Bruce Oake Recovery Centre is a non-profit 50 bed residential treatment program in the city of Winnipeg. We offer long term live-in and community-based services to individuals seeking recovery from substance use disorder.
Our 16-week residential treatment program of integrated care is based on a biopsychosocial spiritual cultural model. We deliver daily individual and group counselling sessions utilizing evidence-based modalities. The core of our program is based in manualized 12 step facilitation coupled with CBT and DBT skills workshops, mindfulness-based stress reduction and relapse prevention, narrative and family systems therapies, and peer support. Our clinicians are trained and certified ensuring provision of person-centred, culturally responsive, trauma informed care. An individualized goal driven treatment plan is created to meet each person where they are at.
Our wholistic approach incorporates peer support into 8 months of post-treatment outreach programming assisting participants to connect with a recovery community of their choice and sustain well-being during their first year.
We invest in our alumni, providing space for weekly alumni meetings, recovery milestones, graduation celebrations and other recovery-based activities (in-person and virtual).
- Individuals seeking treatment must be non-mandated, self-motivated, and call our intake line at 1-866-612-6253.
- An assessment will be conducted by our Intake Coordinator and potential participants are required to initiate contact. This process will take 20 minutes and a private space is required so that we may conduct a thorough assessment.
- Prior approval of legal issues and medical clearance may be required.
- Medications are reviewed by Program Director and medical partners prior to time of Admission.
- Once program eligibility is confirmed, individuals will be supported while on our wait list and required to maintain daily phone contact with our team until a space becomes available.
- As a non-profit we cover the cost of treatment through an individualized sliding scale. We support each individual through the intake process to identify funding sources. Our goal is to never have finances be a barrier to treatment.
- Once an admission date is available, our Intake Coordinator will support each individual and provide intake details.
- Individuals must be a minimum of five days abstinent before admission.
- Detox supports can be coordinated off-site if required.
For more information about the residential treatment program, registration process, and prices, please call (431) 996-6253 or 1 866-612-6253 contact us.